Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Gunslinger

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gunslinger Empty Gunslinger

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Sarah walked slightly to the side behind the man in the grey coat. She should have felt right at home among the villains, traitors, and thieves--but things had changed--even the way she did her job. Being called into the general's office hadn't exactly been fun, but she'd had worse dressing downs. Honestly he'd let her off rather easy for what she'd done. Of course, that was the plan, now wasn't it.

The others had despised her--as if they'd ever really liked her in the first place. With the possible exception of Sandy, she didn't really have friends at SGC.

Her dismissal had been a relief of sorts--SGC finally needed a spy. She didn't really care why, she just jumped at the chance to do her real job for a change.

She stopped walking as cold steel pressed into the back of her neck. Her body twitched as all instincts screamed to bolt and break the face of the man who'd carelessly come up behind her.

Sarah only went with partial instincts. The man lay on the ground, hands held to his gushing nose and terror in his eyes.

"Easy does it. You don't think I'd trust you based on your word alone, do you?"

Sarah didn't move.

"Looks like you've got the skills we need. The rumors about you don't do you justice."

Sarah allowed her lips to curl into a sneer.

"Oh really? And what else do they say?"

The man in grey set his gun back in its holder. He wore a patch on his shoulder that looked just enough like an SGC patch to have aliens form numerous worlds calling for Tauri blood.

"You want to join us, you'll have to prove yourself. We don't let just anyone in, but I know Mossad--you are trained to understand the end justifies the means. So I'll give you a chance, Yadin. You can call me Jameson. We'll give you our real names when you've proven your trustworthiness."

"Fair enough."

"You know what we do here." It wasn't a question so she didn't respond. "Well, we have a possible super weapon against the snakes--only problem is we can't get to it. Only one man knows how, but he won't talk. We've tried everything. I figure your Kidon talents could be useful."

"You want information--I can get that."

Sarah bit back the bile forming in her throat. Interrogation shouldn't bother her...but things had changed.

She followed Jameson to a room before entering she stopped him.

"Give me some idea, what have you tried?"

"The usual--even sodium pentithol did nothing."

"So torture, for how long?"

"A few months. He hasn't said a word in weeks--not even a scream. It's really pissing me off."

Sarah's insides shuddered but her eyes stayed cold.

"And he knows where this weapon is?"

Something in the way Jameson laughed sent chills through her.

"Something like that. This is the fool's last chance. Understand?"

She nodded.

"Hit me."

Jameson grinned and then complied.

Sarah winced but stayed tall.

"You are one sick bitch--I like it."

He added a few more punches before throwing her into the cell. It felt a little too real for a moment.

Sarah picked her head up in time to miss the vomit.

She rolled onto her back with her eyes closed for a moment. After her pause to get in character she opened a swelling eye.

The man sat curled in one corner, his plain, almost old-fashioned, clothes were torn in places and crusted with old blood. Straw blonde hair fell in unruly clumps down his shoulders and light stubble coated his chin. It was his eyes that made her mouth dry though--in the low light she could almost swear they were glowing.

What could this man possibly have that is so important? He isn't even old enough to shave properly.

The job was the job and she had to make it look good. If the band of outlaws didn't let her join them they would kill her.

"Ow." She rubbed her jaw.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Empty Re: Gunslinger

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Vash had long since lost count of how long he'd been stuck in a cell. He'd screamed himself hoarse, and then he'd kept screaming. After his voice had given out, he'd screamed for a few more days, before deciding he was done screaming. His voice had come back - he could feel it - but he hadn't made a sound since that decision.

The door opened, and Vash gave no outward recognition of it. When a female was tossed unceremoniously into the cell with him, his eyes gave a small flicker of awareness, before he shut it down quickly.

But, alas, common sense and empathy warred with each other within himself. Common sense told him not to trust her. Not to trust anyone. Being a decent person told him to protect her, no matter the cost to himself.

Damn empathy.

Vash leaned forwards slightly. "Are you okay?" His voice was raspy, having become used to disuse.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Sarah sat up slowly, guilt for what she was about to do welling in her gut.

She was about to use another person as she had been used.

A sigh escaped her lips. It was the lesser evil.

"I uh, think so. Where am I? Who are you?"

Her voice held just enough tremor to convey fear and confusion with just a hint of vulnerability.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:13 pm

The woman's voice shook, and Vash had to resist the urge to wrap his arms around her to comfort her.

And this was him. He wasn't very big on physical comfort.

"You're in hell. I go by Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III." In the past when he'd used that name, he'd said it very animatedly. This time, it was all he could do to get the words out.

Last edited by Vash on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Sarah rested against the wall with her knees under her chin.

This isn't hell. Hell and I are on first name terms.

"That is a long name. How do you remember it all? I'm Sarai."

The more truths in a lie the stronger it was and the harder it was to forget it.

Her eyes closed because the beating Jameson gave her had also given her a headache.

"Do you know why we're here? They wouldn't tell me anything--just beat me and threw me in here."

She shivered. Her voice dripped with fear.

"I just want to go home."

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Vash shrugged, ignoring the agony in his shoulder that the motion caused. He hurt no matter what he did. What was one more pain? "Lots and lots of practice. Nice to meet you, Sarai. Wish I could say it was under better circumstances."

He shifted slightly, trying to get his legs into a more comfortable position. "I don't know why you're here. I'm here because they think I have information and they're trying to get out of me."

He tried to think of a way to get her mind off of where she was. "Where's home for you?" Not that he'd recognize any location she told him, but the question wasn't for his benefit but for hers.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:57 pm

She almost smiled. How could this man be so trusting and yet last under torture for so long? She trusted no one and she'd only lasted five months.

"I can't think of anything they would want from me. I am just a simple Hebrew girl."

He probably didn't know what that meant--unless the diaspora had made it to outer space. She chose a scenario not too far from the daily reality of her people and went with it. It was her parent's story anyway, and one she knew like it were her own.

"Where I am from my people are hated. They took us from our homes and sold us. Some of us went to camps, some to ships."

She raised her voice.

"I have nothing you want! They took all the money! I swear!"

A tear dripped from her eye. After a few moments she looked up at him.

"What information could warrant this?"

Her hand gesticulated to the cell and his condition before going back into her hair and releasing her ponytail.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Vash shifted again. No such thing as a comfortable position, apparently. "Well, obviously, they wanted something. Or you wouldn't be here."

"I'm sorry." Small words that could be construed as meaningless. After all, they didn't help in the slightest. But two words that, in Vash's opinion, at least, didn't get said anywhere near often enough. He, at least, knew exactly why he was there. He couldn't imagine how awful it would be to be stuck here, knowing what was to come, and not even understand why.

When she asked what kind of information could warrant "this", he couldn't help but give a hollow laugh. "Apparently, information on a weapon they want to use. They're assuming, of course, that I actually know about what they're wanting."
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Sarah shifted as well. The floor was cold and hard making her rear go numb. It had been a while since she'd had to be used to harsh surroundings--and this was Solomon's Palace compared to her previous abode.

His apology felt sincere.

"Nothing you could do, but thanks."

Sarah brushed the hair from her eyes.

"If you really didn't know, don't you think they would have given up by now instead of keeping you here like this?"

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Another humourless laugh. "You underestimate the stubborness of people, don't you? They've spent enough time on me that they'll never admit that they've spent months torturing the wrong person."

Yup. That was his story and he was sticking to it. It seemed easiest that way. "If I had information, don't you think I would have given it up a long time ago?"
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

"Would you? You said yourself people are stubborn."

She flashed him the barest hint of a smile before leaning back against the wall.

He was going to be a tough nut to crack.

She jumped for real when the cell door swung open. She hadn't asked for any any help, but it seemed she wasn't the calling the shots.

"Bring the girl!"

The one she'd given a blood nose to earlier stepped into the cell. For a moment he bore another's face.

Sarah actually cowered against the wall, every limb like jello.

Rough hands grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet.

She wasn't acting this time as she tried desperately to shove the flashbacks down.

"Don't hurt me, be'vakasha!"

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Before he could answer, the door swung open. Vash launched himself to his feet, throwing himself at the man pulling Sarai up by the hair. "Don't you take her!" He was knocked aside as casually as a hand swatting aside a fly, and he hit the ground hard. Vash rolled to his feet painfully and launched himself at the guy again, driving his shoulder underneath his ribs, before once again being hit to the side, harder this time.

His head hit the ground first, and bounced off the hard floor. Vash tried to control his momentum to come back to his feet, but he miscalculated and had to roll a second time to do it. He threw himself at the guy a third time, to be knocked aside a third time, the man's beefy fist connecting painfully with his temple.

Vash hit the wall and slid into a crumpled heap to the ground.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

The man wasn't being gentle, though why should she expect him to be? She managed to hold onto reality as he drug her away from her target. What struck her was her target's desperate insistence their captors leave her alone.

This was wrong. She had to stop this.

She pried herself from her captor, pushing against his already damaged nose until he howled with pain. Sarah came to rest beside her target.

"Why would you do something like that? You don't even know me--I--I could be one of them!"

His green eyes were barely open but he was conscious. He'd already suffered enough. Why would he risk his own life for a total stranger?

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:08 pm

It took him a long moment to focus his eyes on her. "You're not." He swallowed painfully. "You could be working with them, sure, but you couldn't be one of them."

He could already feel new bruises forming on top of old ones. It didn't matter. She was safe. That was what mattered.

...Well. As safe as she could be, seeing as how she was in this hellhole.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 pm

He knocked the wind from her just as if she'd been punched. His trust stung worse than any blow.

Sarah blinked.

The man returned but this time she didn't struggle.

"Don't hurt him. I'll come with you."

Her hand brushed his for a split second. He had so much faith in her and she was no better than a Judas.

The door closed at her back and there was Jameson.

So many masks to wear and so little strength to keep switching.

"He's talking."

"I noticed."

Sarah swallowed.

"If I get him to talk, you will let him go right?"

Jameson's laugh was really starting to creep her out.

"The Mossad has a heart?"

"It's not as rare as you might think."

"If he survives the first demonstration then he will be sent to a collection of known home-worlds for the System Lords."

If he survives...beni Elohim!

"That wasn't the deal."

His backhand stopped her.

"The deal was you get him to tell us how to activate his weapon, and we don't kill you. I never said anything about him."

This time she only stared him down when the steel muzzle pressed between her eyes.

"You can get me my information, right Mossad?"

"Yes." She whispered.

"Good." He looked over to his team mates. "Throw her back in."

Sarah rolled with the punch this time to avoid further bruising. She also planned her impact so as to not hurt anything on the way down. She couldn't afford an injury now.

She couldn't bring herself to look at him the guilt was too strong. She'd thought that if she got him to talk he'd be released. She never once thought *he* was the weapon in question. He looked human enough--though Gate travel should have prepared her for that.

They were likely listening, if not watching, so telling him the truth was out of the question--like he'd believe a word she said once she told him she'd been lying to him in the first place.

"Are you alright?"

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Vash felt the barest brush of her skin against his before she was gone. He remained motionless in the short eternity she was gone, preferring to save his energy on trying to think of a plan to get them out. Because he knew that she'd need his help to get out. There was no way she could do it on her own.

Hell, he wasn't even sure he could do it, not really.

When she was back, he had the odd urge to smile at her. An attempt to reassure her, it had to be. "Of course I'm all right, pretty lady." He ignored the blood trickling from his busted lip, unaware that his bloody smile was less than reassuring.

If he timed things right, then maybe...

No. It wouldn't work. He'd have to get things lined up perfectly, and he couldn't count on that happening any time soon.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Sarah tore a pocket from her cargo pants as she got up. She knelt down inside his guard and leaned forward to dab the bit of blood from his mouth. She hadn't been gone long enough for it to coagulate.

Her shame still kept her from looking him in the eye.

Pretty lady...if you knew me you wouldn't think so.

Silent tears leaked from her eyes but she just cleaned his wound as best as possible.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 pm

She was crying. Crying girls had always been a weakness of his.

He sat up abruptly. "Hey, don't go crying. We're going to get you out of here, or my name isn't... Valentino whatever it was." Vash was trying desperately to reassure her or make her smile or anything that would help stop the tears. If he could, he'd be attempting to juggle for her.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Sarah scrapped the tears away without stopping her task. She hadn't even noticed and that he had only made her feel even worse.

"I am not crying. Hold still...Val-en-ti-no." Her accent got in the way again.

She dabbed at his lip a little harder than she meant to.

"That isn't your real name."

She wasn't being fair. She wanted the truth from him even though she'd done nothing but lie. It wasn't for their captors though. She was going to do everything she could to get him out alive.

Her game had changed.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:55 pm

His lip stung, but he didn't really notice. What was a sting on top of the agony that his body was already putting him through? It was like noticing a mosquito bite when you had a bunch of bullet wounds.

And he would know.

"Nope." He responded almost cheerfully. "But it's as good a moniker as any."

Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:09 pm

She didn't know if she was more annoyed with him or with herself.

"Not really since I can't say it--and you don't look like a Val-en-ti-no to me. Not Italian enough."

Sarah didn't touch men. That she sat in between his legs and dabbed his mouth was more trust and more contact than she'd had with anyone of the opposite sex--including Elijah.

"How bad are your wounds?"

She sat back on her heels but didn't move from his guard. Sarah no longer cared if he thought her helpless. She was as good as dead anyway. This group wasn't going to let her in...and now she didn't want them to.

Lying, cheating, stealing I can do. I don't believe in collateral damage.

She sighed.

Some prices were too high.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Vash made a goofy face at her. "How about Val? Is that one easier to say?" He was still trying to make her smile. "I could be Italian. If I wanted to." Not that he really had any idea what "Italian" was, mind you.

He leaned backwards a little bit, trying to focus on her face. "They're not bad. I'm all right." Liar. They weren't the worst he'd had, but they weren't not bad, either. Well, not entirely true. He really didn't consider them to be that bad. But he was aware that the majority of people would, having seen Meryl and Millie's reactions to his scars decades previously.

But he could function. So they weren't that bad. Not really.
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Sarah felt her lips curl in a half smile.

"Alright, Val--but that is a girl's name." There was just a hint of mirth in her voice that would have been a laugh if they weren't basically facing death.

Sarah took a deep breath and leaned in until her breath warmed his ear. If the others were looking it would appear she was trying to seduce information from him. At least, she hoped so. As for them listening, even the best bugs couldn't detect a whisper in an ear.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I thought I could...help."

She didn't dare look at him now.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Vash smirked at her. "I've heard worse." When she leaned in, he stiffened at first, unsure what exactly she was going for (and in his experience, pretty girls very rarely leaned towards him for the good reason). When she pulled away, though, he couldn't help but follow her for a moment, before leaning back again.

He couldn't say anything directly; he had to assume she had a reason for getting in as close as she did, and that speaking aloud would ruin the whole point of it. But he could go in a roundabout way to say what he needed to. "In the desert, there is a flower that only blooms every hundred years. People didn't know that, and piled the 'dead' flowers all in one area. Now, every hundred years, there is a place that transforms from ugly 'dead' plants into eye-blazing beautiful blossoms. Out of that mistake came unimaginable beauty."
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Nothing felt beautiful about this, but she supposed that was his way of forgiving her for her betrayal.

"You are either very kind, or very stupid."

She smiled, and for the first time in as long as she could recall, the smile lit up her moss-hazel eyes like purified emeralds catching the sunlight for the first time after being hewn from rock.

"My people are from the desert too. We once were slaves in a land far from our home. It is said God sent a man from the desert to set the captives free...can you walk?"

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next