Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite]

2 posters

Go down

The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite] Empty The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite]

Post by Elijah Eshkol Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Stalking was a bad word for it.

Elijah roamed the halls in search of his elusive beauty. Sarah was nowhere to be seen. Vash was probably off tormenting her somewhere. That left Elijah without sister and best friend--the only two distractions that that pulled him from pursuit of the resident archeologist.

He halted behind a corner and stepped out in front of her, careful not to knock any books from her hands this time.

"Shalom, Tegan. Imagine running into you right when I was thinking of going offbase for dinner. Care to join me?"

That didn't sound contrived at all...

Last edited by Elijah Eshkol on Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite] Empty Re: The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite]

Post by Tegan Radley Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 pm

The books in her arms shook as Tegan bit back a shriek. This was the third time this week he had pulled this same stunt. She shook her head -mentally shaking off the shock- and moved past him, feeling her pulse pick up a bit.

"Um thanks, but I have a small mountain of paperwork and a desk full of artifacts that need cataloging. I'm completely swamped." Not a lie, though it wasn't like her work had to be done then and there.

There was just something about Eli though. It's not that he wasn't nice; he was really nice. Charming in fact, but there was just something about the way he looked at her that made her feel like she was his next meal. Most guys only took the brush off for so long, but it only seemed to spur him on.

"Thanks though. Rain check?"

Tegan mentally counted the steps as she walked backwards towards her office door.

"See you later."

Her fingers closed around the handle.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite] Empty Re: The Thrill of the Chase [Eli/Tegan/invite]

Post by Elijah Eshkol Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 pm

He was not going to face a closed door again. Seriously, what did he have to do to make her get the hint?

Elijah smiled and opened the door for her before planting himself at her desk.

"You know, I used to be very good at Egyptology...well, the best at it in 7th grade, but it really could have been my calling."

He picked up a book and started thumbing through it.

"Ooh! I know this one!" He grinned above the pages feeling very satisfied that he'd remembered the symbol for 'life' in hieroglyphs.
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Wed May 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Tegan rolled her eyes as she marched into her office and began shelving the books...a pointless task since the rest of the bookcase was scattered about the room, but at least it gave her a reason to not face Eli for a moment.

She sighed as she placed the last book and turned, suddenly having a hard time not smiling at he look on his face. A triumphant look that screamed five year old boy spread over him as he pointed proudly to a symbol.

Tegan shook her head -more to clear her thoughts than anything- and took the book from him, ignoring the goosebumps running up her arm as their hands brushed. She closed it and moved to tuck it on the shelf, but the sudden presence at her back stilled her hand.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 am

Elijah got up and followed her to the bookshelf, standing close enough to brush his front to her back when he reached up to grab a book over her head. His eyes nearly rolled back into his head at the brief scent of her curls.

"'The Gods Among Us: Mythological Footprints of the Divine' by Tegan Radley PhD."

He stepped back to give her space then opened the cover of the book.

"The government let you publish this? Isn't this a violation of your non-disclosure? I mean...it looks to me as if you outright state the Goa'uld built the Pyramids--which they did but the public doesn't know that. At least, that was my understanding of it."

He turned to the side in case she tried to swipe that book from him too, and continued reading.

Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 am

Tegan shivered slightly as he brushed against her. Did personal space mean nothing to this guy? Thankfully the contact was brief, and she was able to duck away from him, retreating to the safe side of her desk. She groaned inwardly at his choice of books.

She settled down and feigned interest in a small hieroglyph covered cube that had been left on her desk along with a pile of other objects.

"Um, yeah. They let me publish it. My findings however all officially unfounded though. It's all based on theory without evidence which of course would be breaking the agreement. It holds no weight in the scientific community since I can't actually prove any of it. I'm a crackpot to anyone outside of the SGC. Makes you proud to know me right?"

Tegan sighed and shoved a hand over her hair. It had begun to escape from it's holding and ringlets were slowly appearing over her ears and down her neck.

"I hadn't actually intended to ever publish it, but it was brought up one day in a meeting and boom, suddenly I had a publisher and a really crappy book deal. It makes all this seem so...ridiculous. To anyone on the outside, the idea is so absurd and...plausible deniability you know? Blame it on the crazy doctor."
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Elijah turned it over and took not of the date of publication.

"That makes you *the* crazy doctor though, right? You made all this possible?" He waved his hand to include all of the SGC.

"I'd say that makes me very proud to know you. Look at everything we've done with the Stargate. Sure, we pissed off a bunch of aliens who are a lot stronger than us--but they had it coming and we've freed so many people. I know I'm new, but damn woman, that has to make you proud."

He leaned against the bookshelf and fixed his eyes on her. Tegan's escaping curls just begged to be played with, but he held his ground.

"
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Thu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Tegan blushed a little; he was staring again. Always with the staring! She focused harder on the small cube, turning it over a few times as if it would magically look different with another rotation.

"Don't get me wrong. I am proud. It's just not the greatest feeling to be a laughing stock outside the mountain. Even my own high school canceled the speaking engagement they'd made before the book was released." She set the cube down with a sigh and moved to the bookcase.

Tugging the book from his hand, she paused to stare at the garish dusty cover for a moment. It only served to fuel the irritation she felt from the subject coming up.

Tegan pushed it back into it's spot before setting her hands on her hips and giving him an impatient glare.

"I'm sure you're late for dinner now. I really do need to get some work done Eli. Why don't you go bu...." Her words were cut off by a high pitched noise. The wind knocked out of her as she slammed to the floor, suddenly crushed by Eli's weight. And then her desk exploded, showering them with chunks of wood and fluttering papers.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Elijah went from carefree to serious in the split second it took to register the growing high pitched whine coming from Tegan's desk. One moment she's taking the book from him and the next he's shoving her to the ground under him and praying the bookcase doesn't fall and break his spine.

Elijah braced himself over her, forcing himself not to react to her softness beneath.

When the last of the heavy volumes impacted his back he breathed out a sigh into her ear, his face hidden in her mess of curls.

"Hakol beseder. Are you alright? Don't they vet the artifacts they give you to check for bombs?!"

One last book fell from the shelf, clipping the back of his head in answer. Sirens and fire suppression systems fired at once, adding insult to injury by soaking them and making the ringing in his ears ten times worse.

He dropped his forehead to hers, eyes closed, not to kiss or initiate any kind of intimacy, but simply to keep his head from throbbing.
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Thu May 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Tegan tensed at the overly familiar gesture, but the relaxed a bit. The man did just save her from being blown up and then smacked with her own stupid book; she could give him this much.

She took a shaky breath. "They do check them, but if it doesn't look like bomb, set off any alarms or start ticking they pass it on. I should have been more careful, but I was di...stracted." The word stretched awkwardly as Tegan caught Eli's gaze.

She swallowed hard, staring into his dark eyes. Her voice came out in a whisper. "Are you okay?"

Voices sounded in the hallway as the first people to arrive attempted to push the door open.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Thu May 30, 2013 5:01 pm

He opened his eyes at the word distracted and smiled down on her. He'd followed her for weeks trying to get her interest. Normally, Elijah would take no for no and drop the matter, but there was nothing normal about him now. Not after all that had happened. Normally, he would take this impromptu moment to kiss or in the very least be a smart ass.

He didn't.

Elijah did a mental check of himself before raising up on powerful arms and sitting back, her legs still between his. He ruffled some debris out of his soaked hair and gave her a crooked grin.

"I'm fine, a little bruised and singed, but nothing major."

He offered her his hand.

If she had stayed by the desk...he shut down that train of thought before it ran away.

The door was blocked by a steel closet that had fallen in front of it. Luckily the bookcase they stood next to was apparently bolted to the wall.

Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Tegan pushed up on her elbows. The tie holding her hair had given up with all the commotion, and her hair now hung around her shoulders; the damp ringlets clinging her skin. Her eyes unsuccessful avoided watching Eli as he climbed to his feet. He'd never give up if he caught ogling him, but it was just so difficult. Even wet and covered in debris he managed to look adorable. Damn it. She accepted his outstretched hand, allowing him to lift her to her feet. Her heart skipped a beat, and she tugged her hand free the moment she was steady.

Tegan shoved her clingy hair out of her eyes before moving to the cabinet. Because cabinets were just as interesting as staring at Eli. Almost. Sort of.

Last edited by Tegan Radley on Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Just reread this post...made very little sense. Can you tell I fell asleep while writing it? Rewritten!)
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 pm

It was oh so tempting to brush a handful of soaked ebony curls behind her ear, but he busied himself with assessing the situation instead.

"Hello out there! Stop pushing on the door! It's jammed!" He yelled to the people outside with his lips almost flush with the door. The frantic sounds of scuffling stopped, so they must have heard him.

He looked back to his companion, admiring how her BDUs clung to her soaked form in the emergency lighting.

"Do you think you could help me move this, or do you want to stand back?"

In the world of feminist land mines it was always better to ask. He would move the cabinet on his own, and preferred it that way. But then she might feel he was insulting her by not thinking she could help--or worse domineering and unwilling to let her help.

Life was so complicated.
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 pm

"I can try I suppose." Tegan said as she stepped over a large portion of desk to reach the cabinet. She braced her hands against the side and attempted to push while Eli pulled. The only thing that resulted was her boots slipped on the slick floor, and she landed on her butt.

Tegan laughed as her cheeks pinked a bit, "Or maybe not. I forgot that this cabinet has files from the last three years on it. It's a bit on the heavy side." She climbed back to her feet, wincing a little at the ache in her backside. That was going to be an awesome bruise.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Fri May 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Elijah couldn't help the snort. He tried to hide his laugh in a sneeze, but that probably only made it worse. He tried to make up for it though by helping her up.

"You alright?"

He couldn't help it anymore--he tucked an errant curl behind her ear--before returning to the task at hand. He managed to shift it a few feet before he had to rest against the wall.

"Is that where you keep the mummies?" He flashed her a smile.
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

"If it was, then that cabinet would be a whole lot lighter." Tegan said with a small laugh. She wrapped her arms around herself as she settled on semi stable looking piece of debris.

Tegan shivered slightly, unsure if it was from the effect Eli had on her or her water soaked uniform in a naturally chilly environment. The smile slid from his lips and pressed into a firm line as he took in her shivering. Yep. Definitely more cold than Eli unfortunately.

Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 pm

As an Arab in the Rockies he was always cold, even in the climate controlled underground. Elijah took off his BDU jacket and slung it over her shoulders with a splooch. It was soaked like everything else.

He returned to the cabinet and wedged himself between it and the door. It eventually budged enough that he could shove out with his feet. And he'd said those drills in training would never amount to anything.

Elijah got to his feet, opened the door, and bowed to Tegan.

"Ladies first." Triumph lit up his face.
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum