Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Application for Veronica Mars

Go down

Application for Veronica Mars Empty Application for Veronica Mars

Post by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

Name, nicknames, anything:

Veronica Mars. Nicknames? Oh, hell. Seriously? Blondie, Bimbo, Ronnie, Bitch, Mars, Girl Detective... Seriously just do a web search of me, and half of this will come up.

Age, rank [please refer to the list of opened and filled ranks before choosing a rank], anything that goes along with that (include what country and branch of the military[ignore if character is not military] the character is in):

24. I'm so not a military girl. I couldn't even toe the FBI line, and I really wanted that job.

Describe your character's appearance. Include eye colour, hair colour, height, build, and anything extra.

I'm five feet tall. And three quarters of an inch. I make up for that by wearing boots with heels that I can run in no problem. I've always been scrawny, but I also out-eat most people. My appetite is legendary in Neptune. Since I started doing the FBI internships after my first year of college, I started actually working out so that I could pass the physical requirements when I was old enough to actually join, so I now have some wiry muscle on me, but I still look pretty scrawny. I have long-ish blonde hair, not as long as it was before... things... but not short like it was immediately after... those things. I usually keep it down, but will scrape it back in a ponytail when I need to keep it out of my face. My blue eyes are very expressive, but I had a solid foundation for my poker face by the time I was twelve, and by the time I was sixteen, that poker face had fully developed and I haven't found anyone I can't lie to, except for my dad. And that's because I respect him too much to really try.

Character play-by (Actor/actress that portrays your character)

Kristen Bell.

Likes/Dislikes, at least three each.

• Computers. I'm not a whiz like Mac, but I know how to hide stuff on my computer or find it on someone else's.
  • Photography. Before Lilly died, I took pictures all the time and pinned them up all over my room. Afterwards, it became an obsession. I like being in control of things, and looking at things through a camera lense helped with that.
  • Running on the beach with Backup. He likes Dog Beach the best.
    Dislikes:
  • Having to play by the rules. ...I'm kind of really bad at that.
  • The divide between the have and the have nots in Neptune. It's insane.
  • Madison Sinclair. What? No, I haven't gotten over that.

Skills, at least three.

• I can mimic anyone, complete with accents.
  • I can make a new identity and cover story at a moment's notice.
  • I'm good at evasive driving. It comes in handy.

Strengths/Weaknesses, at least three each.

Strengths:
  • Highly intelligent. I only just missed out on Valedictorian, after all, and I still call foul on that. Some of her credits shouldn't have counted, since it wasn't an even playing field.
  • I put the pieces together. I don't give up until I've succeeded.
  • I know how to read people. I know how to read information.
    Weaknesses:
  • I manipulate people, sometimes without meaning to. I use people and use them up, a lot more often than I want to or mean to.
  • I get way too stubborn for my own good. I get tunnel vision and refuse to not see something through. I don't see when I should ask for help.
  • I have a hard time trusting people. I'm always looking for reasons to not trust them.

At least three important events in your character's life and why it matters.

• Lilly's murder. Finding out who did it. Everything between those two events. Before Lilly died, I was Vanilla Veronica. I liked making good grades and being on the pep squad. I wouldn't have grown into a taser-carrying private detective without her death. Lilly's life impacted a lot of people. Her death impacted me more.
  • The bus and finding out it was Cassidy. Finding out that Cassidy was the one who raped me. I thought he was my friend, and he wasn't. It reminded me that no matter how harmless someone looks, they can always hurt you. And if someone's a friend, it means they know where to aim.
  • Unfortunately, the whole thing with The Castle. It cost me everything because I couldn't understand that not all battles needed to be fought.

Main goal:

Find the truth.

Greatest fear:

Gory's family taking revenge on Logan. It's been five years, and I'm still afraid I'll get the phone call saying that Logan was in an accident, and I'll know that it was no accident.

What does your character not like about themselves? At least three things.

• I use people. And my friends are the ones I use the most, because I just keep on doing it.
  • I don't know how to let go. To say that I have an obsessive personality would be putting it mildly.
  • I can lie. Easily. And there are a lot of times where I could tell the truth, because it wouldn't cost me anything, and I don't, because I'm not willing to give up the control that keeping the information to myself can give me.

Why was your character chosen for the Stargate program? (Include any skills that would be part of the reason.)

I've been participating in the FBI internship since the summer after my Freshman year of college. I've been solving mysteries since I was sixteen, though. Do a websearch of me, and you'll find a lot of things I solved. A lot. I got a phone call last year from a friend I'd made at the internship, they were former military, and one of their friends who were currently military had found themselves in a bind, being accused of murder, and my friend really wanted me to come out since they knew I had my PI license. Since I was on Christmas break, I flew out to Colorado to help out and in the process, found out about this whole secret military group that the murdered guy had been part of. I'm really good at finding things out I shouldn't know and even better at getting myself in trouble. Saying it again because that really bears repeating. I'm really stupidly good at getting myself in trouble, and usually good at getting myself out of it, but, well, consequences happen. Consequences from this particular one is that the FBI said “thanks but no thanks” and the SGC said “we own your ass now”.

Describe your character's personality, at least one hundred words.

Sarcastic beyond the telling of it. I pride myself on the witty one liners I can come up with. I'm dedicated. I'm obsessive. I don't know how to let things go. I don't know how to trust. I'm really really good at what I do. I could probably be good at a lot of things, but this is what I'm best at and this is what I enjoy most. I've shaped myself into being who I am just as much as Lilly's death did. More than. I pay attention to everything around me, I put the pieces together, I don't stop until I reach my goal. Oh, yeah. And I don't trust anyone. Ever. I'm always looking for a reason to not trust them, and I'll always find a reason. It's really put the kibosh in relationships. The only person I really trust? My dad.

Your character's history, at least 300 words.

I met Lilly Kane when I was in kindergarten. Madison Sinclair wanted to play Princesses and she was trying to make me be a servant, not something I was really all that stoked to be (yeah, mine and Madison's animosity goes back a long way), and Lilly Kane stepped in and proclaimed me to be a princess, too, and made Madison be the servant. I don't think Madison ever forgave either one of us, but you didn't just go up against Lilly. Lilly was like this golden butterfly in everyone's life. Yeah, she could be selfish, but she was never intentionally malicious. My mom was the type of mom that baked cookies every Saturday and organized playdates. Because Lilly was my best friend, we became our own little foursome of Lilly and me, and her brother Duncan, and Duncan's best friend, Logan Echolls.

...Let's not open the can of worms that is Logan Echolls right now, okay? For now, we're going to stick with “he was Lilly's on again off again boyfriend because they were both stupid and Lilly had the ability to make everyone love her, in spite of her faults”.Point is, Lilly was my best friend, and she pulled me into her wake. All I really knew how to be was Lilly Kane's goody goody best friend.

And then everything changed when I was sixteen. Lilly died. My dad accused her dad. Duncan had stopped talking to me weeks before her death, and when that happened, I was being shunned by all the 09er guys. After my dad accused Jake Kane of killing my best friend, I was shunned by all the 09ers, regardless of gender. I tried to show them that I didn't care and wound up being roofied and raped. I spent several lonely months at school being the most hated person there. Then I cut Wallace down from the flagpole and found him some pants, and I didn't stop being the most hated person at school, but at least I had a friend. Tried dating, he lied to me. I kept trying to find who killed Lilly, because I just didn't think that Abel Koontz did it. Logan went out of his way to make my life hell, and I went out of my way to never let him see me cry.  Helped Logan try to find his mom, had to give him the bad news, held him while he cried. We weren't friends, but the flat tires at least stopped. Then Logan found my investigation files for Lilly's murder and told Duncan that he was a suspect (everyone was a suspect). That's also the last time that I left my computer around not password protected. So Logan called me to “give the head's up” that Duncan knew I thought he might have killed his sister, and while Logan was on the phone, a scary “kid” from high school slid in my car and told me to drive. Logan, only able to hear part of the conversation, thought I was in trouble and drove to the Camelot Hotel to rescue me. Turned out that Ben was an FBI agent, Logan and I kissed, Logan and I did our best to pretend it didn't happen, I helped Ben investigate Norris and in the process of that case, discovered that Ben liked to plant evidence to make sure that he could be given credit for breaking the case. Luckily, I had photographs to prove it. Logan and I were touch and go for a while, tried to keep it secret, he helped me find out who raped me (after I accused him), then we got outed at a surprise birthday party for him when it wasn't his birthday. I found a video camera in his pool house and thought he was purposefully videotaping me, and I called Weevil to get me out. More stuff happened that I'm not going to go into and I thought he killed Lilly. I took the evidence I had to the Sheriff (don't even get me started on Don Lamb), Logan was arrested, Logan called me for help. Oh, yeah, by the way, during all this, I found out that Duncan and I might be half-siblings. Yeah, that was fun. Turns out we're not, but the fear was definitely there. We discovered that it was actually Logan's dad that killed Lilly (and had the video camera in the pool house). Aaron hid in my car when I was trying to get to the Sheriff's department, I crashed my car, tried to get help, and instead got locked in a fridge while Aaron demanded to know where the tapes were. My dad showed up, fought with Aaron, Aaron lit the fridge that he'd doused in gasoline on fire, my dad got me out of the flaming fridge, despite all the burns he got, and saved my life. Aaron got hit by a car, police and ambulence showed up, Aaron was arrested, yay. Logan was accused of murder, he didn't do it and I helped prove it. Logan and I broke up because he was too angry at everything and I just couldn't handle it. Duncan and I got back together. Class warfare in Neptune was a huge deal and Weevil was pissed at me. We went on a field trip to the baseball stadium, and on the way back, I was late getting back on the bus while the rich kids were in a limo. Luckily, Weevil was there at the gas station we'd stopped at and gave me a ride, despite him being mad. We came around a curve and discovered that the bus, with eight students in it, had gone over a cliff and into the ocean, with Meg Manning as the only survivor but she was in a coma. I found out later that she was pregnant with Duncan's child, and though she woke up and died shortly after waking up, they were able to deliver the baby. Meg's parents were ultra-Christian, taking it to abusive lengths, so Duncan and I kidnapped the baby and I helped him escape with Baby Lilly. That was one of the times my dad yelled at me, and it really doesn't happen very often. Aaron Echolls got off at the end of the year because the jury was stupid and too blinded by his fame, I went to graduation party (barely missed out on Valedictorian and the Kane Scholarship, I could have gone to Stanford with it, since I was accepted) and during the course of, oh, everything, discovered that Logan still loved me (seriously, I still have his epic and spanning continents and lives ruined speech memorized) and Beaver was the one who blew up the bus and raped me. Big confrontation on the roof happened, Logan saved me, Beaver jumped, I tried really hard to feel bad about that, but I don't.Went to college at Hearst, found a rapist, was drugged by him before we figured out it was him. Logan got himself arrested so he could be in the same cell as Mercer and that's just one of the things we didn't talk about afterwards. Logan and I had an on again off again relationship almost as up and down as his and Lilly's were, partially because of my trust issues, partially because of his anger and self-loathing issues, totally due to both of ours self-destructive issues. I found out he had sex with Madison, and that was the end of the on again. He found a sex tape of me and thought that my new boyfriend had taped it and distributed it and proceeded to beat the shit out of Piz. I tried to cut ties with Logan because of it. I found out who really did it, and I set about trying to get information on them to bring it down.

I shouldn't have. It cost me too much. It cost my dad the Sheriff election. It cost me safety. The Castle, I could have handled, though I really shouldn't have tried. But Gory... no. I should have stopped. His father was a Russian mobster. Logan realized that Gory was the one responsible for the tape and attacked him, and I've been terrified since that Logan's going to be killed over my mistake. I went to the FBI internship, Wallace spent the summer in Africa, and Piz went to his radio internship. Piz and I... we really tried. He was probably the boyfriend that was best for me that I've had, but he deserved way better than me. We broke up amicably and we still email periodically. I kept plugging through college, loving my criminology classes, and looked forward to doing the FBI internship every summer. And then shit went down last year, and I already told you about that. So now I work for the SGC and to be honest, I'm really not sure how I feel about that or what kind of use they'll have for me. I guess I'm more “information gathering” than anything else. I guess time will tell, huh?

Roleplay sample (please use the character you're creating):

Dude. Read the monster history. And we already know I can write, so.

PLAYER DETAILS. Name (doesn't have to be real, just a moniker for us to use), age, how long you've been RPing, timezone, best way to contact you, anything else you think we should know:

Kati, 28, since August 2008, Veronica Mars is the best TV show from the last ten years and the movie is perfect but I still miss the show.

[/list]
Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars
Civilian

Back to top Go down