Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Home sweet home

2 posters

Go down

Home sweet home Empty Home sweet home

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:23 am

Sarah blew an unruly strand of chestnut out of her face as she angled herself and her boxes through the door to her new place. It wasn't the mansion she grew up in, or the step down glass beach house in Tel Aviv...or even that ancient but beautiful apartment in the Old City...but it did have an incredible mountain view and a spacious floor-plan. It was also the only already furnished place in the Colorado Springs area that didn't have patterned "southwest kiva" couches, fireplaces, wall hangings, or furniture. What was these people's obsession with the West anyway...it wasn't even a genuine obsession with history--just really, really bad interior design.

She set the boxes on top of another pile and plopped down on her couch. Nothing was arranged in the order she wanted yet. Hr vacation was a few days though so she'd get things sorted at a leisurely pace.

Sarah leaned forward to look out at the view--anything beat out the concrete bunker walls she's been used to for the last several months, but the view really was spectacular. They didn't have anything like this in Israel.

Double pane french doors opened out onto a decent sized patio, letting in so much light her eyes almost hurt. again, curse living underground.

She leaned back and closed her eyes, inhaling the deep woodsy sent and fresh mountain air with a smirk of satisfaction on her face.

Alone at last.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Home sweet home Empty Re: Home sweet home

Post by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Veronica Mars wasn't entirely sure how she felt about a few things. One of which was being employed by the military. She had all the respect in the world for people who served. She didn't necessarily believe that the people in charge were doing the best thing for everyone.

This, however, wasn't necessarily an opinion she'd share on the base, because that just sounded like trouble and she'd made a New Year's Resolution to try to avoid it.

"Try" being the operative word, because she was still Veronica Mars, after all.

Veronica hefted her bag - she'd always traveled light, and all she really needed were clothes, her PI stuff that mostly fit into one box plus her ID printer and laminator, and her computer gear. And, of course, her camera - and stepped into the new house she'd been assigned to, to make sure that the PTSD sufferer and the batshit crazy alien didn't destroy anything, kill each other, or blow a cover.

In other words, she'd been assigned to being a responsible adult, and really, she didn't know how that had happened.

Veronica shut the door behind her with her foot, eyes sweeping over the house instinctively to see where bugs might be.
Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Sarah cracked an eyelid feeling another's presence in the room.

"Vash, I swear if that is you... I said you could help me tomorrow...tomorrow as in I get today to myself. Back slowly from the door and go away."
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Veronica put her own bags down. "Sorry, not Vash. And I can't leave, because I need to unpack, too. But I can leave you alone if that's what you want, once I get my own stuff upstairs."
Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Unpack...

Sarah got up from the couch and walked over to the mistaken woman. This was HER house. She'd bought it with her own money.

A strong Israeli accent cut the air like a dull knife.

"I think there is a mistake. I bought this house so I could stop sharing a bathroom with everyone on base. No offense."

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Veronica shrugged, not backing down. "Look, all I know is that I was told that I was moving into this house to keep an eye on the new occupants. I can call my... supervisors, if that would help." Just in case Veronica had gotten the address wrong (she hadn't, but just in case), or if this lady had gotten the wrong information or something, Veronica didn't want to blab about the SGC.
Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Sarah moved over to the kitchen and started to unpack the few dishes she had simply as a way of not unleashing her frustration on the blonde in front of her.

"You can tell the general I don't need a babysi...wait...occupant-s? Who exactly is supposed to live here other than myself and apparently you?"

This was insulting, to think a spy couldn't keep a secret. She really didn't put it past the IOA though. It had to be the IOA.

Bastards.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down