Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

No Good Very Bad Day - Gym

4 posters

Go down

No Good Very Bad Day - Gym Empty No Good Very Bad Day - Gym

Post by Sandy Howards Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 am

((OOC: Apologies if this is in the wrong place; this is just the only board that has a gym, so I'm putting this in here. Also just realized I'm operating under the assumption that each storyline/whatever-you-wanna-call-it gets it's own thread rather than place; again, if I'm wrong, I apologize, and I give you permission to correct the placement and title of this thread. I just wanna join the RP fun and it's oh-god-o'clock for most of you. Razz))

Sandy was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and she couldn't even move to Australia. This did not make her exceptionally happy. It seemed like everything that could go wrong was going wrong. She and her twin, Jamie, rented a little house together, just to have a space to call their own for the first time in... ever, really, and so they could have a place to sleep sometimes that wasn't on base. So first she overslept, then she'd had to deal with a phone call from her father -- a phone call from her father, whom she hadn't heard from in over a decade! -- then she'd gotten stuck in a traffic jam, and to top it all off, her car had been making this weird noise for a month and her solution had been to just turn the radio up so she couldn't hear said weird noise, only it turns out that solution is a really crappy one because her engine had... kinda caught fire.

...Cars aren't supposed to catch fire...

So Sandy was trying to run off some of her aggression, and that meant she really only had two choices: punching bags or shooting range, and she really did try her best to not use deadly weapons for the sole purpose of burning off anger and frustration. That just seemed like a really bad habit to get into.

...And punching things wasn't that much better, but it was better. And made her feel a lot better afterwards, too.

She quickly pulled on her grappling gloves and started going at the punching bag, finding a rhythm she could do mindlessly and allowing her mind to wander as each punch siphoned a little more tension out of her.
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards
Lieutenant Colonel (Marine Corps O-5)

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

No Good Very Bad Day - Gym Empty Re: No Good Very Bad Day - Gym

Post by Sarah Yadin Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 am

((I'm just treating it as quarters are static while everything else is like NCIS. I'm also treating this thread as open since we're the only two ready to post Razz ))

Sarah couldn't go back to sleep after the dream. She left the locker room, tying her hair back in a messier-than-usual ponytail, and headed for the gym. This place was fully equipped, she would give it that--though she could sorely use a window or two.

She'd been there a few weeks, but so far all she knew of the place was through files.

Aliens...right.

She'd believe it when she saw it. For now this was just a hole in the ground her father exiled her to. He knew something about this place--enough to think her safe here. She resented having to hide like a child while others hunted her tormentors.

Sarah limped into the gym, seeing the redhead at the bags, and went over to her corner. She left her equipment there--it wasn't like anyone would steal it. She lowered herself to the mat and slowly began to wrap her limbs in tape, doubling the amount on her right ankle and knee.

She scooched her way over to another hanging bag that she had lowered for her purposes, and lay on her back, starting to kick it lightly with her right foot until the bag swung at a regular tempo. Her routine was 100 slow kicks, followed by another 100 medium kicks, and ending with as many full strength kicks as she could do before she screamed.

One brutal routine finished, she used the swinging bag to stand herself up without use of the cane and proceeded to do drills standing up. She was off balance, but standing on her own power--that had to count for something.

Sarah stretched out her right leg and brought it up slowly. It felt heavy, sluggish, almost dead weight--but she managed to get it to cooperate for a roundhouse kick to the bag. Of course, bringing it back down was an issue.

Sarah landed face first on the mat with an exasperated sigh.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharie Williams Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:46 am

Of course both bags was taken. Sharie was in a better mood than most days lately, she hated being away from home. She missed her squadron, she missed Ben. The gym only had a few people in it which was good. She had already been getting weird looks from people she didn't need anymore.

She would use the treadmill that was her favorite thing to do anyway, run. She could run for miles, with her IPod turned up to block out just enough noise. She threw her bag to the floor and climbed on to the machine she set the settings she would run maybe eight miles today? and then switch off with Yoga to cool down.

Sharie got the settings on the treadmill set and put her headphones in her ears the other two women seemed to be in their own little world as well. Which made her feel better, at least she wasn't ignoring them. She began with a steady jog and it soon became routine. Left, right, left right, left right. The song that blasted in her ears was 'here I go again' by White Snake, an 80's hairband. She loved 80's hairbands, Rock N Roll was her favorite genre. She could listen to Rock n Roll all day. And it was perfect for her work outs.

Nothing better than a good run and a jamin song. She had the song on repeat. Like a drifter I was born to walk alone she sung the lyrics in her head a bright smile on her face. Her bun bounced on top of her head every time she jogged. She was coming up on five and half miles only two and half more. Push Sharie! Her calves burned like it was nobodies business. She finally made mile eight and let herself slide of the treadmill she grabbed a piece of mat and yanked her bag by the strap and pulled out some water and a granola bar. She felt gross her gray tank top was soaked in sweat. She was still getting used to her left leg again, after that nasty crash a couple years ago it had made her life even more difficult. She remembered that day like it was yesterday..

The pain in her leg went from a pins and needles feeling to very dull numbness. She was still unconscious and that angered her more than anything because she was there. She could feel them moving her she could hear them mumbling things, but she could never make out the words. She heard something that sounded like someone calling her name. “Sharie? Kid?” she assumed it was the Captain..”Cap she isn’t coming through, we need to get her to the hospital.” Gabe was right she needed a hospital..and needed it now.

Sharie shoved the memory away and looked to the other women she gave a small smile as her chest heaved in and out.
Sharie Williams
Sharie Williams
Lieutenant Colonel (Air Force O-5)
Lieutenant Colonel (Air Force O-5)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 am

Sandy might have been focused more inwardly than outwardly, but that didn't mean she missed the taller girl toppling down to the mat. The small redhead adjusted the kick she was in the middle of, letting the movement carry her smoothly halfway to the other girl.

Sandy crouched on the mat next to her. "You okay?" Humour glinted in blue eyes. "These mats aren't as hard as floor, but I don't recommend hitting them at full force. Probably not good for the joints and stuff. I wouldn't really know; I've been thrown at these things enough over the years, I guess my joints or whatever have just adjusted to the high impact."

She smiled at the other girl, tucking strands of red hair behind her ears. "I'm Sandy."
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Sarah rolled onto her back, blowing some hair out of her face.

Well, the humiliation could be worse. It could be Dan staring down and gloating at her for overextending herself...again. She had no doubt he would hear of it though.

She frowned before addressing Sandy.

"Sarai--and I am used it. You think the Marines are tough--try training for Kidon."

At this point, having been exiled from family and her career, who gave a damn if she outed herself as a member of the most elite and classified unit in Mossad? She didn't Mossad didn't deserve her loyalty after abandoning her in Iran and then transferring her to a hole in the ground. Granted, Adir had probably been thinking about keeping her with her self-appointed bodyguard, Blackburne--but it was still a hole in the ground.

Oh right...supposed to be making friends here, Yadin.

She propped herself up on her elbows with a sigh.

"Have you taken the plunge yet? I have not--only know the Stargate from files--still have to pass my physical. My goal is to be off the cane by week's end."

She shifted to roll onto her side and tried to grab for the bag again to get herself up without the cane, but that wasn't going to happen this time.

"Think you could help me up?"

Asking made her grit her teeth, but there were worse blows to her pride.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Sandy laughed before she could stop herself. "Are you KIDDING me? Mossad are tough, don't get me wrong, but in the world of armed forces? You rank pretty low on how tough the training methods are. There's a long list of branches tougher than you, and Marines rank third on that list right behind Ghurkas and SAS."

Sandy had been loaned out to various units, including IDF, and while she'd been with those units, she'd had to train with them and hold up to the Marine standards she'd had drilled into her. Most units PFT didn't come close to what was demanded of her from the Marines. The Marines PFT was less strenuous than the PFT for most Special Forces.

She continued her thought process aloud. "It's apples and oranges. Just about any Mossad agent, doing what they do best, is going to be among the best in the world. But what they do best is assassinate. Just about any SAS or Marine, doing what they do best, which is fighting, is going to be among the best in the world. Trying to compare an assassin to a fighter just... doesn't work."

The redhead stood gracefully, offering her hand to the taller girl and leaning back on her heels to offset the other girl's weight. "Haven't gone through yet, but I'm excited about it. I've heard that about 99% of the other planets look a lot like Canada, though."
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Sarah rolled her eyes.

"You didn't have my trainer in Kidon. We are not your normal Mossad unit. Though, I will grant you, we are not meant to be used as soldiers. I have trained harder than any Matkal--doubly so since I am a woman--that and Malachi is a bastard. The only difference is in how we think. Given a soldier's problem, I will come up with a spy's solution."

She wobbled a moment and then managed to steady herself.

"Todah." She thanked the much shorter woman.

"Canada, eh? I was expecting purple skies and pits of glowing green slime...but then the only science fiction I have had time for is from the 1960's."

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Sandy raised her eyebrow, but otherwise let it go. She'd made her opinion known, and if this girl wanted to presume that she'd been harder trained than Sandy, well, she'd let her hold onto her naive illusions of grandeur. She'd learned the hard way that if someone wanted to believe something strongly enough, they'd go right on believing it, no matter how much evidence you stacked up to the contrary.

Marines trained hard. They trained tough. And when you're the midget daughter of an Army Brigadier General, well, they train you a hell of a lot harder and a hell of a lot tougher. If it weren't for her own cursed stubborness, she would have dropped out. Most people would have washed out. Under normal Marine training, there's a 95% washout rate. Under the pressure she was trained under? She and her twin were the only people she knew stupid enough to keep going.

Sandy did smile, though. "I'm personally hoping for some of the more fantastical elements when we go through the Gate. What's the fun in looking at Canada? We could just cross the border for that, if we wanted to."

[ Number quoted is from the Marine that Run talked to. ]
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Crichton Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Starting on level one, Eric's routine run took him through the corridors of each level till he reached the gym.

Bursting through the doors fully loaded out in BDUs, weighted vest (to simulate full gear loadout) and a full seabag, he noticed but did not acknowledge the others in the room.

No distractions till you finish.

Quickly making his way to an open mat, Eric began to vigorously do his eight count body builders.

...Ninety-eight. one, two, three, four, five, six, seven ninety-nine one, two, three, four, five, six, seven one-hundred!

The Commander began stripping off the seabag and weighted vest, piling it in the corner before looking up at the others.

"Good day Colonel Howards, Colonel Williams."

Starting his cool down stretches, his eyes turned towards the unknown woman with a friendly smile, "I have not seen you around here before."

He stops his stretching for a moment to reach out his hand for a shake, "The name is Crichton."
Eric Crichton
Eric Crichton
Commander (Navy O-5)
Commander (Navy O-5)

Character sheet
Sex: Male

https://stargatecommand.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Surprisingly, for owning so many Canadian passports--they were the country of choice for Mossad forgeries--she'd only been to the country once. There was nothing especially memorable, though the bacon wasn't bad. Her cover hadn't been Jewish--not that she was kosher anyway.

Her eyes snapped to the man as he entered, following his routine with her peripheral vision and making her visibly agitated. She shifted her weight onto her bad foot, wincing. How could dead nerves still hurt?

"Well, I guess we will find out soon enough. I'm still skeptical on the whole thing. It all sounds too science fiction to me--but I've never dreamed about the stars."

The man penetrated the edge of her radar as he finished his exercises and stepped toward her, addressing the other women and then her.

His hand came out and she twitched back slightly, the movement instinctual. She withheld her hand, but declined her head to him.

She hadn't seen him either, for having been there a few weeks.

"Yadin. Shalom. I am new."

Her eyes darted to the door over his shoulder.

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: