Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Getting To Know You

+2
Morganskywalker
Sandy Howards
6 posters

Go down

Getting To Know You Empty Getting To Know You

Post by Sandy Howards Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:16 pm

I thought it might be fun to fill this out as myself. And fun is nice. Very Happy

Name, nicknames, anything:

Oh, golly. Real name, no. Not sharing that. Kati, Katilan, Kati The Loving, Cattiebrie, Cattie, Brie, Beri, Kate, Kitten, Kat, KitKat...

Age, rank [please refer to the list of opened and filled ranks before choosing a rank], anything that goes along with that (include what country and branch of the military[ignore if character is not military] the character is in):

26, going on four sometimes. Razz Not military myself, but grew up as an Army brat. Mine is the first generation on my dad's side of the family to not have someone in the military. Country? I'm an American currently in Ireland.

Describe your character's appearance. Include eye colour, hair colour, height, build, and anything extra.

I look a lot younger than I am; I actually got detention for impersonating a school official a few years ago when I was substitute teaching at a high school. My reddish brown hair is really thick, so I keep it cut in layers to cut down on the weight. More often than not, it's pulled back in a ponytail or bun, though sometimes, I'll use braids. Very rarely is it completely down. I have big brown eyes that I happen to think are my best feature, and a wide smile. My nose is slightly crooked from my brother accidentally connected his fist with my nose when I was twelve (ironically while he was showing our friends what he would do if anyone ever badmouthed or hurt me). I'm short, at 5'2, so I usually wear heels to counteract that. My favourite pair of shoes are 7 and a half inch stilettos. I'm chubby and trying to lose weight, and very curvy. I counted up once and discovered that I actually have almost a hundred scars, mostly itty bitty ones. Gotta love being a klutz. I'm a jeans and teeshirt kind of girl, but I also love long skirts. I'm definitely a renaissance fan, and have a lot of the butterfly sleeves shirts.

Character play-by (Actor/actress that portrays your character)

Some people on this site bear a resemblance to an actor or actress. I'd say that I look most like Allison Harvard, if she were a redhead my size.
    Getting To Know You Tumblr_m3jtb97Xt41r0uvvro1_500_thumb

Likes/Dislikes, at least three each.

• I'm very crafty. I like knitting and crocheting and making things with my hands. I like making things in general, actually.
  • I love animals. When you're having a bad day, there's nothing quite like Fuzzy Kitten Therapy.
  • Reading, writing, and performing.
    Dislikes:
  • Idiots. Particularly idiots behind the wheel of a car.
  • Mean people. There's too much mean-ness in the world. Why add to it?
  • I don't like things that taste purple. It's blech-y.

Skills, at least three.

• I've been writing since I could hold a crayon, and working on getting better during all this time. I'd like to think it's one of the things I'm good at. Very Happy
  • I spent five years with a drama and music ministry, and can step into any role with very little prep-time. I've also taught myself to learn songs quickly.
  • I grew up around gun ranges, so when I'm on my game, I'm actually a really good shot.

Strengths/Weaknesses, at least three each.

Strengths:
  • I can tell you what the last number dialed was by listening to the beeps.
  • Diffusing tension is one of my talents. You gotta be willing to announce to a van-full of people, "I gotta go potty...".
  • I pick up on rhythms and patterns very easily. My brother refuses to play chess with me because he knows the rules, and I don't, but I beat the pants off of him because it's a pattern and that's just how my brain works.
    Weaknesses:
  • I have Fibromyalgia, which affects different people in different ways. What it means for me is that I'm prone to headaches, my energy crashes really easily, and ... I'm just going to sum it up as "My body hates me".
  • I'm actually mildly dyslexic, and have a tendency to mix around a lot of things, not just letters. Like, I can't tell a story the same way twice, unless I've memorized it like a script.
  • I'm oddly clumsy and graceful. Put me up on a balance beam, I can do all kinds of things. Have me walk on the ground and I trip all over the place.

At least three important events in your character's life and why it matters.

• Being in the drama ministry I was with for five years. It taught me a lot of lessons, and I got some really fantastic experiences. It also set events into motion. With CP, I met Sai, and she and I stayed in touch. One of the times I was staying with Sai, she was telling me about this RP site she'd joined, and so I joined. I met a friend of ours, a few years later, that friend introduced me to another RP site, and that's where I met Run.
  • This is actually my third engagement. My first two gave me some really good learning experiences that I'm not really going to go seriously in-depth on. It's enough to know that while the relationships ended, I don't consider them failed, because we both learned things from them.
  • Meeting Run face to face. We'd been best friends for almost two years at that point, and it was great to actually be in front of him. ...By the end of the night, we were dating.

Main goal:

To help other people.

Greatest fear:

Failing.

What does your character not like about themselves? At least three things.

• I'm kinda neurotic as hell. I need to learn to relax.
  • I'm needy and clingy.
  • I hold grudges too easily.

Describe your character's personality, at least one hundred words.

I'm bouncy and energetic, sometimes to an annoying degree. I'm scary smart, and like to come up with ways to make science fiction work based off reality (such as, "rather than using a hover pack and matching speed to the elevator that's going up exactly, using the hover pack to push off against the elevator underneath, BAM!" which I really did do once for a Star Wars game a friend of mine was playing). I talk with my hands a lot, and have an inability to stay completely still, so I usually have knitting or crocheting or something in my purse at all times, just in case I need to whip it out for something to do. I'm very sweet, and have been known to try to give people my shoes when they were barefoot in winter (never mind that I then needed to go out and buy shoes).

Your character's history, at least 300 words.

Like I said, I was an Army brat. I was born in one town, lived in another, and then proceeded to move thirteen times before I was actually thirteen. I grew up in the tri-state area of Arkansas, Texas, and Tennessee. One of my first memories is falling in a fire ant mound when I was three. I grew up reading, writing, and performing. I took dance classes from about age four, as well as gymnastics, but unfortunately, I blew my knee out badly when I was about sixteen and had to drop it. I was homeschooled from seventh grade on, and when I blew my knee, I started focusing on singing and acting, instead of singing and dancing. Instead of going on to college, I was with a travelling drama ministry for five years, and got to travel over the States (I only missed five states, and fully intend on visiting them at some point or another) as well as a few countries in Asia: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, mainland China, and South Korea.

We realized that I was starting to get sick in fall of 2008, right around the time Sai introduced me to the old SGC (Stargate Gaming Clan). All of a sudden, I went from having massive amounts of energy to burn to barely being able to go down stairs. Seriously, to get down a flight of stairs, I had to just lean against the wall and let gravity pull me. To get up the stairs was another matter entirely. I had to lean against the wall, summon up the energy to get to the next step, stop and rest, summon up the energy to get to the next step, stop and rest, repeat until I was at the top of the stairs. Going up the stairs would require at least fifteen minutes, because I just didn't have the ability to go any faster. I finally told my parents what kind of shape I was in, and they brought me home to undergo health tests. All kinds of fun happened, what with medication causing hallucinations. I went back to Covenant Players to finish up my last mission, moved to Idaho, met Fiance #2. Lived in Idaho for the summer, moved out to Sai and Spade, moved back to Idaho after Christmas, tried for a year to get a job, broke up with him and moved back to Arkansas. Started dating Run, moved to Sai and Spade's in January, had to go back to Arkansas because my mom was... kinda psycho, and threatening to kill herself. I've been there for the last six months, and I was going nuts. My mom is difficult under the best of circumstances and can actually be classified as abusive, even in those "best" circumstances.

These were not those "best" circumstances.

Run came out for the summer, met my family, we were able to spend a week with Sai and Sapade so he could meet his niece, and now I'm in Ireland with Run. Thank God. Because I don't know how much longer I could have handled staying with my mom.

And there you go! Kati history in a nutshell!
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards
Lieutenant Colonel (Marine Corps O-5)

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Getting To Know You Empty Re: Getting To Know You

Post by Morganskywalker Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 am

You got kidnapped and taken to IRELAND?! Shocked

Morganskywalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Crichton Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:47 am

*GASP* The Mo has arrived! All hail Mo! All hail Mo! cheers
Eric Crichton
Eric Crichton
Commander (Navy O-5)
Commander (Navy O-5)

Character sheet
Sex: Male

https://stargatecommand.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 am

It's a Mo! HI MO!
Mouse
Mouse
Alien

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morganskywalker Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm trying to figure out who you guys are just by your characters, but its hard. Sad

How's everyone doing?

Morganskywalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:20 pm

*hugs the Mo*

Sarah Yadin= Sailawen
Mouse/Sandy=Katilan
Eric Crichton= Spade
Daniel Blackburne= Run4
Tegan Radley= Incendiary
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Moo! *hug* Long time no see!
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 am

And Dave Kesseling is Ubik.

And "Douglas Howards" is kind of a free for all. Very Happy

Sharie is Indy, from another site that Sai, Run and I are on.
Mouse
Mouse
Alien

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morganskywalker Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:19 am

*Hug back* It's awesome to see you all again, I'm glad there's a place where you all gather still. Very Happy I miss you guys! How's life?

Morganskywalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:17 am

We miss you, too! Life is life. Sai's a mommy. Incen's getting ready to be mommy to a little girl. Run and I are in Ireland and he's getting ready for more school. Dave's Dave and still awesome. Very Happy
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morganskywalker Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 am

I'm up to date on Sai and Incen because I'm facebook friends with him, but I've been totally out of the loop with you and Davey Jones.

Kat, PM me if Run kidnapped you and is forcing you to pretend otherwise. Otherwise, congrats. How's Ireland? Other than drunk and aggressive, I mean. Very Happy

How often does Dave come around? I gotta see how that guy is doing.

Morganskywalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:33 am

Okay, adding you to Facebook RIGHT NOW. I USED to be Facebook friends with you, but then you disappeared off my list. I figured that you just let go of your account.

No kidnapping, I promise. Very Happy Ireland is AWESOME, and I'm really enjoying getting to know his family and friends. And the culture.

Dave's around more in Skype than around here, but he might be persuaded to come hang out now, because we were just talking about you the other day and how much we missed ya.
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morganskywalker Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I deleted my facebook account a long time ago but remade one. That must've been it. I dunno.

What's Dave's Skype? I'll just harass him on there. I haven't decided if I'm going to RP or not, I just had to come over when I heard you were all here.

How is the RP going? You guys still torturing your characters until they break down into inhuman mounds of sadness and shame? Very Happy

Morganskywalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:49 am

Dave is davevazm. I'm katilankitten. And you should join the RP! It'll be fun!

The RP's going well, I think. We just started it, and it seems to be going pretty quickly. I'm not really doing so much with the torturing of my characters, but I prefer my characters to be happy, anyway. Razz
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down