Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Skelletons falling from my closet

2 posters

Go down

Skelletons falling from my closet Empty Skelletons falling from my closet

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Sarah wasn't one for socializing. She kept to herself on base and didn't venture off it. There were reasons for this, but she also didn't talk about her past often, so few knew them. She was essentially under protection--most assumed it was from her enemies in Iran, no one knew it was from her friends.

Elijah had brought the news when he joined their merry band of interstellar travelers. She had dismissed it with her typical nonchalance. Why should she care if he got out. It wasn't like he could track her here. And even if he could, all she had to do was step through that shimmering wormhole and he could never reach her again.

It had been months since his escape, months without a single peep from him. Odds were he was holed up in some godforsaken desert shit-hole licking his wounds and he could stay there for eternity for all she cared.

So it was safe to venture off base and try to make a friend. It was something she sorely needed to do as her lone-ranger nature hurt the team. She knew it was best for her to adapt, and so here she was, trying to adapt.

Sarah shook her chestnut hair out of her face and huffed as the spring breeze flopped back in front of her eyes. After she sat in the passengers side of Sandy's car she secured it in a rough ponytail.

It wasn't like Sandy was a stranger. She considered her a friend, possibly the only friend she had. She just didn't hang out with her unless off world or in the mess hall or gym. She was an excellent sparing partner and a generally encouraging person to be around.

Sarah tried not to think how sad it was that she assessed her possible friendship like she assessed everything in her life. She was a spy and that was what spies did.

"So, where are we going? I have not explored Colorado Springs much since arriving. Do you have a favorite place to go, chavari?"

She was open to anything new.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Skelletons falling from my closet Empty Re: Skelletons falling from my closet

Post by Sandy Howards Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Sandy was... an odd duck. She liked people and was a friendly sort of person, but she also recognized that she didn't necessarily have great social skills. While the girls her age on the bases were learning how to put on makeup, Sandy was on the gun range or the football field. She knew how to talk to guys a lot better than she could talk to girls. It was just what she grew up with and what she was used to.

For the first time, though, she was actually wanting to be friends with the girls around her. They were interesting, and some of them even knew guns somewhat to the same level she did! That was so freaking cool!

Sarah was interesting. Sandy hadn't had a lot of chances to talk to the Israeli on a personal level; both of them preferred to interact primarily on missions or in the gym, but they were able to say a lot without actually using... you know. Words.

Sandy was already belted in and had her car running when Sarah got in. "I figured that we could just go to the mall and go from there, since there's a bunch more options there than if we'd picked something out. I'm sure we can find something we like without being bored out of our minds or anything. Does that sound okay to you?"
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards
Lieutenant Colonel (Marine Corps O-5)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:20 pm

"The mall sounds fine. Do you think they have any gun stores worth going in?"

She could be girly when she wanted to, though to her culture she was considered a tom-boy. She didn't follow the conventions of her sex--again, wet works--which wasn't exactly sanctioned work for a woman in the Middle East. Ok, it wasn't approved of in most cultures.

Sarah did love to shop though, be it weapons, clothes, boats--she had money and she didn't give a second thought about using it. In fact, she would insist on paying for everything on their little adventure today. It was just her way.

"Thanks for taking me out. Underground was getting a little cramped." It didn't help that they hadn't had a mission in a while.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy Howards Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Sandy smiled at the other girl. "Hey, we all need to get out sometime. Cooped up in base, and a girl just needs to stretch her legs sometimes. See the sky and, I don't know, run on the grass and fly a kite. Or something. Maybe less with the flying kites. I need a new pair of jeans, anyway. My old pair is getting... threadbare would be the nice word for it. Hole-y and falling apart would be far more accurate. It's either wear BDU's full time or get a new pair, or run the risk of showing my tattoo to other people on the base." Green-blue eyes sparkled with humour.

"I don't know if the mall has a gun store. I do know that they have a nice knife store, though, so even if we can't find guns, we can still get some new weapons." Which was a good thing. Sandy wasn't a huge fan of shopping. She tended to know exactly what she wanted, and go in for it, and not linger over clothes or make-up or anything. (She had learned how to put make-up on in the years since her teenagehood; she simply didn't unless there was a reason for it and "I feel like being pretty today" was a good enough reason.) The exception to that rule was over weapons or other useful things like them.

Or animals. She could definitely spend hours playing with the animals in the pet shop.
Sandy Howards
Sandy Howards

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:53 pm

"Jeans are fun. I like shopping generally, though I don't often wander. There is one exception though--the bazaar in the Old City. They have the most wonderful silks and the most beautiful jewelry. There is a blade shop there where I got the most beautiful dagger with jeweled hilt--just for show of course."

She smiled as they entered the parking lot. This could be fun. She didn't even realize that she'd talked about her old life so freely.

Getting away from base was good for her. Besides, if she didn't get away from the Stampede of constant annoyance she was liable to shoot someone...namely him.

She only hoped Sandy wouldn't bring him up. Sarah wasn't sure if she could handle the implication of a deeper relationship with Vash. The way he hung on her could be misinterpreted and she really didn't want to give credence to it.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: